Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A new day

A new day. I was so beat when I got home from work. I sat outside in a daze, waiting for my hummingbird to show up. It's great having a front porch. I love being outside, and it's a private place. The trees and bushes kind of hide me from the street. Not that my suburban cul-de-sac is teeming with activity! When I turned to get up, I saw that the brick wall behind my head was teeming with tiny ants. Too much nature for me. Raid for ants really works instantly! Unfortunatly, I had just cleaned my porch and now I have dead ants to wipe off.

I watched Blow Out on Bravo last night. Being a hair stylist, it's a kick. Still, Jonathan is unlike the hairdressers I know. High maintaninece and a prima donna. The producers probably tell him the more dramatic he is, the better ratings the show will get. I can't stand when he goes to his shrink and acts like a cry baby. The show's on Bravo on Tuesdays at 9:00. Lots of hairdressers watch it and talk about it at work.

Almost time for work. I walked this morning. Two days in a row now. I used to walk a few miles a day, everyday. It felt so good. When people would tell me how impressed they were, I'd tell them it was a fluke. One day, I just stopped, and it's been about 2 years now. It's like dieting-you feel great about your weight loss and celebrate by eating. Lately, I've watched my thighs turn to jello, and I'm finally ready to do something about it.

My daughter leaves for almost 2 weeks this morning. She'll be staying with my sister in Georgia. It'll be the longest time I've been alone in about 12 years. I'll let you know how it goes.

Off to work!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey grl-

1st of all your thighs are not like jello!!!! OMG i can't belive you said that. 2nd od 3 (he,he) you know I hate it to when Jonathan cries on TV--- WHAT A DORK!!! And your probably right about the prodecers telling him to act like that; thats what people do these days to get money :(. Sad but rich huh? :) LOL, 3rd of three main topics, when are those ants ever going to go away????? TALK ABOUT DISCUSTING(I think thats how you spell it!). OK, well g2g.

Emily

4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u didnt write back to me yet_______ where are u ????? :)

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

I did write...you just didn't get it!

8:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no- u did not write for the 23rd, thats what i am talking about.

6:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home