Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday

Ladeda...I work up real early and walked again, this time to the music of Five For Fighting. Everyday I take a new path, this time by the new 'villas' and Porten Homes. Had to walk past lots of construction workers. They all appeared to be Latino. I walked with a gusto for 30 minutes, and then had to take a shortcut home. A muscle in my back thigh was killing me. Still, not a bad walk for only the 3rd day. My favorite day to walk was always Tuesdays, recycling day. It was interesting to see the discarded boxes from what people bought, who was recycling and who was not, how many soda cans or beer bottles were out, etc... I know, I know, but it kept the walk interesting. I came home today and read the whole paper and drank my coffee while sitting on the front porch. I saw the hummingbird once, but it was probably there when I wasn't looking. I thought they were supposed to be colorful. This one is just a plain brown. I really like watching birds. I've given up on feeding them, though, because the squirrels eat all the food. I'm keeping up with the bird bath. I don't mind the squirrels drinking from it. I'm home today, waiting to BG&E to come with the parts to fix my AC. It's been out of service for about 2 weeks. The first week was HELL. That hot. We had a heat wave of 90+ degree days. I had my ceiling fan on full blast and 3 floor fans going just to make it bearable to sleep. That and a spray bottle of water. I'll say that it did create a memory for my daughter and me. This is all one big paragraph because I don't know how to make a new one! I'll write more later....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey- good paragraph, i'll reaserch it to find out what color hummingbirds are really supposed to be.

ttys
em

1:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home